Corey and I had our six year anniversary on January 10th. It was my year to plan, and I think I did a pretty good job!
We went to Portland for the weekend, because that is where we were married. We stayed at a really nice hotel called The Benson, it was beautiful. Then we went to the Melting Pot, a fondue place for dinner. If any of you haven't been to the Melting Pot, I urge you to go. It is pricier, although, it is not just a meal, but it is an experience. If you don't have the Benjamin's for the entire meal, you have to at least do the cheese fondue, and the chocolate fondue. My taste buds were dancing with delight! :) I just rambled for a long time about food!
The next morning we went to the Portland Temple. I absolutely love that Temple. It is breathtaking. I feel so blessed to have been able to marry my sweet husband there. Whenever I go to the Temple, it always seems to put life into perspective for me, and what really matters.
Corey and I had a wonderful weekend. It was great to get away and be alone. Thanks mom and dad for watching the kids for us! You guys rock!!
Alrighty, Corey next year is your anniversary to plan. It will be our 7 year itch mark, so you better go all out! :)

Our hotel.
At the restaurant. Right after the waitress took this picture, we attacked our cheese pot!
Beauty in its purest form... This is the smore's fondue, yeah pretty much changed my life!
This is where Corey said "Less pictures, more eating." It was a special moment.
Our gorgeous Temple...
The spires on the Portland Temple are so unique and beautiful.
Oh look, it's the happy couple!
Me posing in the very spot where our favorite picture was taken on our wedding day. Too bad we couldn't be in this one together!
In our six years of marriage we have lived in 3 different states, had two children, started our own business, traveled all over, never had a an argument (he,he just playing!), and made some amazing friends. These last 6 years have been an adventure that I have been able to share with the love of my life and best friend. I look forward to our future, and all the experiences we have yet to share with one another! I love you Corey Stephen!!
8 comments:
Congrats!! and seriously I love the way to talk about food...it always makes me laugh!! you two look great
Okay- What's wrong with this picture? My anniversary - January 10th as well - our 32nd and we took the entire family along with cousin Brian to watch the Suns get eaten alive by the Jazz! No, I'm not envious in the least! I love being with my family watching the Jazz destroy the Suns!
Seriously, congratulations. I love sharing the day with you!
This is the most romantic post I have ever read. That food looks so good, I could cry. And seriously, you two are the cutest couple ever. I'm so glad we got to know you guys.
What a perfect anniversary celebration. I was just telling Andy that I wanted to go the Melting Pot for our anniversary (03/19) - now I am even more excited to go!!! Happy 6th Anniversary
Congratulations! How exciting and you guys celebrated in style! I have told Derek for years I wanted to go to the melting pot. Maybe for our six year this August! I'm actually really envious of your weekend. I'm in dire need of a night with out kids!! I'm glad you had fun!
It looks like you had a blast in Portland!:) Congrats on the 6 year anniversary. Marriage seems to fly by so fast. You guys look great!
Looks like you two had a ton of fun on your 6th Anniversary! Congratulations on the 6 years and I'm glad you two still like each other! ;) Love you!
i remember your engagement- time does fly- hold tight to each other and keep those birthdays and anniversaries special! You've got it all! enjoy! darling darling kids! and beautiful parents too!
Post a Comment