Our team was called "Team Jolene" and in under a weeks time we were able to almost come up with almost $2000 dollars of donations! The CF walk came up with a grand total of $42,000 dollars! We are one step closer to finding a cure and helping the lives of those living with this devastating disease.
Jolene's best friend Jonathan passed away one year prior to her of CF as well. Jonathan's older sister Brittany and I worked together trying to raise donations and awareness. Brittany and I both agreed that it was extremely healing for us to do this charity work. Service helps one not feel so sorry for themselves.
I am ever so grateful for this experience and the friends that rallied behind me and encouraged me. This has helped to put a difficult year in better perspective. More than anything I am more aware of how blessed I am by a loving Heavenly Father who watches over me and directs my paths. Thank you to all for your love and prayers!!





3 comments:
I am so glad the walk was such a success.:) It was great to see you!:) I am sure Jolene was smiling down!:)
What a great positive thing to do to remember your sister!!
Kawine, thank you again for allowing us to be a small part of this walk with you. I know that you hear this a ton, but I do know that Jolene is so proud of her big sister. She is an amazing example to all of us, and I am thankful to know her, and you. Love you tons.
Post a Comment