Monday, July 20, 2009

The G-man turn 2!

This post is seriously late, since my little man's birthday was June 7Th! What can I say, I am one busy mommy!
We tried to keep Gibson's birthday simple with just family and a few friends. That way we could really just focus on Gibson and his big day, and not have to worry so much about playing host to tons of people. Corey and I have gone way overboard in the past with parties(shocking I know), and the event becomes so big that it is hard to enjoy it when you are trying to entertain lots of people. There is definitely something to be said about keeping it simple. Unfortunately I don't think Maddie will let us do "simple" or "small" for her big day, but as long as the kids let me, I will definitely keep it smaller!
Gibson, loved the attention and having some of his favorite people all in the same room. He had a blast opening gifts (even though his sister pulled most the wrapping paper off the presents). After each gift was opened he would try and take it to another room to play with it, and we would have to keep leading him back to the pile of gifts left to be opened.
Also, he got a kick out of blowing out his candles. We actually lit them several times, so he could continue blowing them out. Madison was a nervous wreck with her brother around fire. She kept trying to protect him from the small flame.
I am so thankful for Gibson and the joy he brings into our family. He brings a sense of equilibrium to our unit that we are in great need of, being that the girls in the family are high strung! Gibson is very patient with all of us. I love his personality and how mellow he is. I also adore his sense of adventure. He loves to swim, (and even jump off the diving board), camp, go boating, running, look for bugs, swing, and dance. He truly is a delight in our lives.
Gibson, I love you so much. I know I drive you crazy at times with all the kisses I give you, but one day you will understand what it is like to love someone so much that you can't hold back the love and affection! I can't imagine our family without you and your sweet spirit. I look forward to the future and all the adventures that lie in wait for you!
Love you, (your biggest fan)
mommy
Gibson got a sweet ride for his birthday. He is hoping it will be a hit with the ladies. He spent almost an hour pretending to fix it with his tool set.

When the ladies didn't come in swarms, he decided to take it took the next level, and drive in the nude.

Gibson trying to get the hang of blowing the candles out.

Like I said, Maddie was freaked out about the whole "fire" thing. You never have to guess how this girl feels about anything!

Gibson was beyond excited for his new bike. Too bad he won't be able to reach the pedals till his 7Th birthday (gotta love the curse of the Waggoner's short legs!)
If the car and bike don't win him over with the chicks, then this new jumpsuit will do the trick!
I sincerely don't understand why Madison has to wear a faux fur coat in the Summer, that gal is an enigma!

5 comments:

teage-and-erin said...

Happy Birthday Gibson!!! We love you!

Rebecca and Nathan said...

Happy Happy Birthday Gibson Dear!
Happy Days will come to you all Year.
If I had one wish it would be.
A Happy Happy birthday to you from me!!
Sorry its late

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

What a darling boy! His sparkle just lights up the room (or entire pool area). Thanks for the great post.

Sarah Mugs said...

His car was definitely a hit with my little lady. She liked it so much, she commandeered it.

Gibson really is a sweet little layed-back boy. We love him! Happy Birthday, Gibby.

Hayley's Comment said...

Yeah Gibson! I forgot that we share the same bday!