Monday, December 29, 2008

Houston we have a problem!

Gibson turned 18 months old a few weeks ago, and I fear that my quiet and serene child has made a turn for the worse. Honestly, prior to this age, he has been an angel (you are thinking every mother says this about her child), but I have no problem keeping it real. If my little ones are being naughty, I am the first to acknowledge it! Gibson rarely cries and is extremely easy going, well that was until recently.
He started this new thing, I like to call it "screaming at the top of his stinking lungs for no apparent reason." It is ever so delightful, and I have had a migraine for a week now. It reminds me the movie Brave Heart, when Mel Gibson is being gutted like a fish and lets out a war cry screaming "freedom!!" Gibson sounds exactly like that, with the exception the word freedom.
Also, I had anticipated this age because now he is able to go to nursery at Church. I am sad to announce that he is the youngest nursery drop out. He loathes it! Even if Corey or I go in there with him, he just points at the door the whole time while doing his Brave Heart war cry. Not only do we have to endure the yelling, but we have to hold him at all times in nursery. The other kids just stare at him in awe and disbelief. I didn't know it was possible to disrupt 2 year old's, but apparently you can. Therefore, we have taken to roaming the halls instead. This is quite a change of pace from Maddie, being that the first time she went to nursery she walked in by herself, and never looked back. Madison NEVER cried or wanted me to stay in with her. I couldn't have more opposite of children! I love my fire and ice!
Another joy that has come with this age, or should I say hasn't come, is that my child appears to be a mute. He refuses to speak, when I know he can. Instead of using his words he opts for acting and sounding like a little "cave man baby." He points to something and will say "uhh! ahh! uhhh! I take that back, he does say "cat" a lot, even though we don't have a cat or ever see them. He points to our dog Annie and says "cat" he points to the horses in the backyard and says "cat" and he even points to the empty air and proclaims "cat." I am unsure if he has a guardian angel that he can only see that happens to be a cat, or he is just a genius baby.
The reason I know he can speak is because I have caught him. He will say things when he isn't trying. One time he was upset and he said "I want mama," and another time he said "tickle, tickle." On another occasion my mom asked him if he wanted a snack and he retorted "he** no," then walked off. I swear he has never heard this come out of my mouth, that is unless he can hear my thoughts, and then it would be a possibility.
I hope that this is a phase and soon my little G-man will be back to his happy mellow self. If not I can safely say that Madison has already paved the way of what it is like to raise a firecracker, so hopefully nothing will be too shocking! One can only pray.

This was his first day of nursery.

He was a mess even before church. I think he could sense that we would be sending him to the scary and cruel nursery. Maybe he thought it was a sweat shop or something of that nature.

He was so distraught that Maddie even decided to lend her services. When he didn't stop crying she said "what is his problem?" Poor Gibson he isn't going to get any sympathy.

5 comments:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Oh, Karine... where has angel-baby gone?? It is wierd, though, because as angelic as that kid has always been, there has ALWAYS been a look in his eye that says, "just wait." Apparently, we must wait no longer. I love that boy!!!!

Mugs said...

I always tell myself that some things are just phases...but who really knows? Every kid is so different. He sure is cute! And so are YOU!

teage-and-erin said...

We love Gibson!! I am sure that Lucas was the one who screwed up poor Gibson's head when we were there invading your house for days on end...he gave him a complex I am sure of it! :)

The Johnson's said...

I am shocked. Not at his profainity, but at his refusing a snack. What have you two done to him? It's time for some intervention.

Stephanie said...

He is so adorable! Caiden has been going to his class at our church for years and still tells us week after week that he just wants to stay home. Then when we walk through the door at church he wants to go play.