Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Waggoner's invade the Happiest Place on Earth

This last year has been a crazy one for our family. What with moving from the East Coast back to the West Coast, starting our own business, and having another baby it has been a roller coaster ride. Since it has felt at times we literally are on a crazy ride, we thought we would go to a place with actual "rides", and that is carefree and happy, hence we chose Disneyland. Although, I am beginning to think that Disneyland might not be the happiest place on Earth, but the most overstimulating place on the planet. It was intriguing to watch people there. I have never seen so many children throwing fits, parents severely scolding their off spring, tears being shed by young and old, and husbands and wives looking as though they were wishing that Mickey himself had a place on Main Street that would assist them in a quick divorce! I have come to believe that Disneyland brings out the best and the worst in people.

We only took Maddie with us, being that Gibson is only 11 months old, and wouldn't appreciate the experience (I am sure he will need therapy in the future for being left behind, while his parents and sister had the time of their lives.)

We spent two days at Disneyland, and sadly we didn't even see half the park. It is so different going with a child opposed to going by yourself. I am used to running to all the rides I love, and Maddie was dragging us on the Teacups and the Dumbo ride. After feeling sorry for myself the first day for having to do "lame" stuff, I realized that I wasn't there for myself, but I was there to show my daughter this magical place (isn't that just so big of me). After I swallowed my will to my 3 year old's will, I ended up having a great time. We explored things at the park that I had never seen before, because in the past I was always in such a rush to go on the "thrill rides."

Maddie loved all the rides, except for pirates of the Caribbean, unfortunately I fear she will have nightmares of talking skeletons until she is 12. Although, she did love all the other roller coasters. By far Maddie's favorite part was meeting the characters, and the parade, oh and how could I forget the churro's! I think our family spent all our fun "money" on churro's. I was hoping that Mickey himself would let me donate plasma or other organs in hopes of obtaining one more sweet, delicious, delectable churro!

Vacations are wonderful with kids, but not relaxing. It took us a week to re cooperate from our adventure! All in all it was fun. Thanks Nana for watching the G-man for us, you totally rock (so mom did I butter you up enough to take the kids so Corey and I could go on another vacay??) I am probably pushing it!!

Madison I think you should be riding side saddle.

Maddie wanted to know why Eeyore is always so sad. She thought a hug would cheer him up, I personally thought he could use a Prozac.
Check out the name of this ice cream parlor on Main Street Disneyland! Sadly, this was the closest our Gibson got to the park.
Goofy and Mad-dawg keepin it real. WESTSIDE!!

Merlin, I have three words for you, drugs are bad!
This was a photo-op tea cup (translation if I were to go on the real ride I would have ralphed for hours!)

Corey was much more daring than me, but he paid the price for it!

Code red!! I think we are going to need the jaws of life to get these suckers out of here.

This is where Madison just gave Ariel her favorite bracelet to keep. It sounds sweet, but she kept trying to give all her things away to the characters. Even during the parade Maddie was trying to flag down all the dancing characters, in hopes of giving them a trinket! Corey and I finally had to tell her to stop being so generous with OUR money!
Do you think she is a natural red head?
Two beauties.

Hey Snow White...ever hear of personal space. I suppose she is one of those close talkers!
Hamming it up!
For a week after Madison meet Minnie, she probably asked me why Minnie wore a dress 23,000 times. I told her it was because she wanted to look pretty for her, but Maddie is convinced she wore a dress to cover her mouse privates! Oh, the joy of having a three year old!
She became so frustrated with trying to pick it up, that she eventually kicked the silly thing and then spit on it. Oh, it was priceless.
This is the part of our trip where Corey got a hernia.
Two fire crackers with some real fire crackers!!
And that was the last time we ever saw Corey again...

You think this phone looks absurd, but this is what cell phones looked like 10 years ago.
Maddie was obsessed with the princess throne.

I did not tell her to pose like this. There was a Japanese mother and daughter staring at this spectacle with confusion and their jaws wide open. I tried to explain that not all Americans are so self-indulged. I don't think they bought it.
Here we have Maddie offering herself up as a sacrificial lamb. Mind you this was on a Sunday. We always try to add spirituality into every Sabbath day.
Bowing to her audience (which consisted of 3 little girls, not to mention two of them had their fingers up their noses.) Nonetheless, she had an audience.
We waited in line 45 minutes to see this vermin. What happened to the good ole days when you could attack the poor unsuspecting characters while they were on their way for a lunch break!
Jasmin commented on Madison's Tinkerbell necklace. Jasmin told her that Tinkerbell was one of her good friends. Maddie proceeded to tell her "no, she isn't your friend, she is MY friend." Diva meets diva. Bring it on Jasmin...
Maddie wanted to give a shout out to the love of her life, Ethan, in regards to this picture. Ethan and Maddie have been dancing to "Step in Time" since they were babies! Wish you could have been with us Ethan!!


Overstimulated, with blisters upon blisters, we hobbled back to our hotel with visions of churros dancing in our head (and in our blood stream!) Good times!!

8 comments:

teage-and-erin said...

Yeah...Disneyland Pics!! I was so excited!!
OK, I love love love how Maddie has such a diva personality, and she does not care at all who knows it. Actually, the more the better! :) She is one of my favorite people ever! I am so glad that you had a good time, and were able to get away for a while, even just a few days. Love you guys tons!!

Janell said...

I am so glad you blogged about your Disneyland trip because you're impossible to get a hold of!!! (hint hint) Anyhoo...I loved all of your pictures and comments. It looks like you guys had a glorious time! Thanks for the tribute to Ethan. Coincidently, he was dancing to steppin time when I was looking at your post and got really excited about Mary and Bert. I'm so glad you guys (but mostly Maddie) had such a great time! Oh how I wish we could have been there with you!

Anonymous said...

That IS the happiest place on earth. I am sure Maddie loved having BOTH of her parents ALL TO HERSELF. What a fun vacation with so many fabulous pictures :-)

Cori said...

It looks like Maddie had tons of fun!! I hope you guys have recovered!:)

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

She looks so HAPPY! I love it and I love taking kids to Disneyland. It seems like yesterday we were there with you!!!!

The Brown's said...

Karine,

So, I have to say that I'm jealous that you not only got to go to disneyland with Maddie, but that you left Gibson home. Caylee desperatly wants to go to disneyland and we're trying to figure out how to make that happen. I really want to show her your pictures here on your blog...so that she knows that it really does exist and not just on the computer, but i'm worried that i'll be addind fuel to the fire by tempting her with it yet again. It looks like you guys had so much fun...but i know that it must take a lot of work, tears, and laughter to make it all happen. Have you seen the TV show "Jon & Kate plus 8"? It's about a family with twins and sextuplets, and they took their kids to Disney World...yes, all 8 kids at the same time. Makes me wonder why I don't think I can handle just my own two! Or even one! Thanks for sharing us your stores of a kids' "Heaven on Earth"!

Dayna

The Brown's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fetcher said...

That looks like so much fun !!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of such a wonderful adventure for you and your family.

Much love-

Palmers