I have come to realize, rather quickly I may add, that there are pros and con's to every personality. My children are polar opposites, they differ so radically, that it is hard to believe they both came from me!
For example, Madison is a PISTOL (or as she would say "a Princess Pistol". Her strengths are: her passion for life, enthusiasm, sense of humor, social skills, and how she will vocally tell me how passionately she loves me several times a day. Now her weakness would consist of: an outrageous temper (I have no idea where she gets it), very little patience, drama queen (once again I am baffled to where this trait was acquired), and how she tells me how passionately she wants to end my existence several times a day (well that last part was a tad exaggerated!)
Now onto Gibson. His strengths would be: his patience with everyone and all situations, his calm temperament, he rarely cries or throws fits, and his sweet and gentle nature.
Gibson's weakness would be: almost too chill (in other words, lazy as all get out), unmotivated (I truly think he will live with me till he is 35 years old), shows little emotion (such as laughing or smiling), and he doesn't stand up for himself when Maddie is laying the smack down.
I will elaborate on Gibson's laziness. He is 10 months old, and he still won't hold his own bottle. I must hold it for him (not to mention I must hold it a certain way, so that he may watch all his surroundings, all the while still receiving a steady stream of milk down his throat. At first I thought this was just because he didn't have the motor skills to hold it himself. I started to catch on when I noticed that he could pick up the smallest crumb, and ever so gingerly put it perfectly into his mouth.
The moment I had an epiphany of his laziness was when we were having ice cream cones one night. I decided to let him have a taste. I put the ice cream cone under his mouth, so that he could easily taste it. To my astonishment in one quick motion he had taken the ice cream cone from me, and proceeded to hold it like a seasoned pro. It reminded me of a bald eagle swooping upon some poor unsuspecting creature, and strangling it with its talons. Gibson held the cone in his little chubby hands, and refused to let go. The only way to describe the vigor in which he held on, would be to compare him to Aerosmith's Steven Tyler. Gibson looked as though he was holding a microphone, and his jaw practically unhinged to stick the whole thing down his neck! He even switched hands several times with the cone, and was even holding one handed! At any point I was expecting him to throw it up in the air, have it do a triple gainer, and then land soundlessly into his awaiting hands.
Needless to say, I know now that he is a lazy bum. I think I shall go on strike, and not hold his bottles for him anymore. (I would like to strike the last sentence from the record, and plead for you not to call CPS!)
The point of my rant would be that, I love and appreciate both my children and their differences. I don't want to change the amazing people that they are. I just hope they use their power for GOOD, and not to ultimately destroy me and my sanity!
For example, Madison is a PISTOL (or as she would say "a Princess Pistol". Her strengths are: her passion for life, enthusiasm, sense of humor, social skills, and how she will vocally tell me how passionately she loves me several times a day. Now her weakness would consist of: an outrageous temper (I have no idea where she gets it), very little patience, drama queen (once again I am baffled to where this trait was acquired), and how she tells me how passionately she wants to end my existence several times a day (well that last part was a tad exaggerated!)
Now onto Gibson. His strengths would be: his patience with everyone and all situations, his calm temperament, he rarely cries or throws fits, and his sweet and gentle nature.
Gibson's weakness would be: almost too chill (in other words, lazy as all get out), unmotivated (I truly think he will live with me till he is 35 years old), shows little emotion (such as laughing or smiling), and he doesn't stand up for himself when Maddie is laying the smack down.
I will elaborate on Gibson's laziness. He is 10 months old, and he still won't hold his own bottle. I must hold it for him (not to mention I must hold it a certain way, so that he may watch all his surroundings, all the while still receiving a steady stream of milk down his throat. At first I thought this was just because he didn't have the motor skills to hold it himself. I started to catch on when I noticed that he could pick up the smallest crumb, and ever so gingerly put it perfectly into his mouth.
The moment I had an epiphany of his laziness was when we were having ice cream cones one night. I decided to let him have a taste. I put the ice cream cone under his mouth, so that he could easily taste it. To my astonishment in one quick motion he had taken the ice cream cone from me, and proceeded to hold it like a seasoned pro. It reminded me of a bald eagle swooping upon some poor unsuspecting creature, and strangling it with its talons. Gibson held the cone in his little chubby hands, and refused to let go. The only way to describe the vigor in which he held on, would be to compare him to Aerosmith's Steven Tyler. Gibson looked as though he was holding a microphone, and his jaw practically unhinged to stick the whole thing down his neck! He even switched hands several times with the cone, and was even holding one handed! At any point I was expecting him to throw it up in the air, have it do a triple gainer, and then land soundlessly into his awaiting hands.
Needless to say, I know now that he is a lazy bum. I think I shall go on strike, and not hold his bottles for him anymore. (I would like to strike the last sentence from the record, and plead for you not to call CPS!)
The point of my rant would be that, I love and appreciate both my children and their differences. I don't want to change the amazing people that they are. I just hope they use their power for GOOD, and not to ultimately destroy me and my sanity!
Just in case you didn't believe me!
When I took this picture I apparently became to close for comfort for this guy. He literally started to growl and turn away from me!
For the first time ever, our fearless Maddie, was scared of Gibson. She was afraid if she reached out to touch him, that she would pull back a bloody stub!!
10 comments:
Yet again...so eloquently put. That was a great post! I can't believe how big Gibsters is getting. It's a good thing kids are so dang cute therefore motivating to slave over them hand and foot! Good luck on your strike. May the force be with you!
Freaking hilarious. If it makes you feel better, I STILL hold Hank's bottle. It's his little way to remind me that my calling in life is to serve him. When can we come see you?
Karine, this post just made my day! I loved it so much! I do have to add, your children are amazing and although I'm not around them that often, it doesn't take long to find out how different they are! They are so cute, and I'm sure you are entertained everyday! Oh, and I'm still waiting to go to the rodeo with you guys! ;) Maddie said I could come! ;)
Stinkin' hysterical! I always knew that Maddie had you where she wanted you. 'Nice to know that Gibson does as well. He sounds so much like Brian, it's frightening. Just know that you will do everything that Gibson wants, but he will make you feel like serving him is your only joy. They're evil, I tell you...
What an entertaining post to read and nice to know that I'm not the only mom who fears for her children!!! (kyle and gibson sound similar, lazy...and anna and maddie sound similar, fireballs!!) We need to catch up and I need to learn how to handle a fireball of a daughter...teach me the secrets!!!
Yea!!! A new post!! I was so excited to read it! :) I love love love hearing about the kids, and we miss them terribly! I love reading your writing, you describe things in such an eloquent way, even if you are talking about your kids beating you up! Love ya girl!
Woah, Gibson! That is so cute and funny (I mean, sad for you). I loved the Stephen Tyler comparison. That really put it all into perspective. I love those little kiddies of yours.
I literally laughed out loud reading this. Great post! I can't wait to see you and your cute kids again.
New post please....I need my Waggoner fix before I start going into withdrawls!!
p.s. Have so much fun at Disneyland...but not too much fun without me. Please have a moment of silence for me when you ride Thunder Mountain. It's always been a favorite of mine.
"Howdy folks...please keep your hands and arms inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness"
I'm a freak..I know.
I love your posts! You are a great writer and I always leave your blog with a smile on my face! I will have to meet those cuties some day.
Post a Comment