
Over President's Day weekend our family had the privilege of having our first vacation together. Our family paired up with our amazing friends, the Christensen's.
We went to Leavenworth which is about 2 hours from us, yet it feels a world away from the every day monotony of life. Leavenworth is an adorable little Bavarian Village that is tucked away in the Mountains. I love the fact that when we visit there, that you not only feel you have gone to a quaint beautiful place, but that you feel as though you are in another country altogether.
All the Christmas lights were still on in the town village, and in the town square. There was snow on the ground, but not a cloud in the sky. The weather and scenery couldn't have been more breathtaking.
We shared a cabin with our friends, which was only a mile from the Town Square. The view from our cabin was spectacular of the surrounding Mountains, and the river was but within a walking distance.
Each day we would all venture out to walk around the town, and investigate the shops. In the shops I spent a great deal of time watching Madison, in fear she would break a beautiful and expensive item. Luckily we didn't have any mishaps.
In the evenings after the children would go down for the night. All the grownups would go downstairs to the game room, and play card games. That is also when we would break out our secret stash of chocolates and candy that we had acquired throughout the day. I don't know how Maddie never found our 2 lb Reese's cups, and our other assortment of diabetic delights! We would stay up entirely too late, and consume too much garbage, but we had a blast doing it! We would definitely pay for our decisions the next morning, as the children would wake up bright and early!
It was a relaxing couple of days. I am so thankful to have had a wonderful time with my family, and our dear friends. This was our first vacation with our entire family, and I look forward to the trips that we will share in the future with one another.
Erin and Teage with their perfect twin boys, Dylan and Lucas. (FYI Maddie had a hard time choosing which twin she wanted to marry, but after much deliberation she decided on Dylan. She feels as though he is the "funnier" of the two, and she likes that he has more hair than that of his twin counterpart!)
Lucas and Dylan. My favorite one is which ever one I am holding and kissing on in that moment! These little guys are so cute that it is actually painful to watch them in action, yet I cannot pull my gaze from them! They are fast, but not fast enough to escape the fury of my kisses!
"Beautiful, gorgeous, wish you were here!" Name that movie quote ladies (or men who enjoy a good chick flick)!
The town square. Love it!!
6 comments:
FRENCH KISS! What do I get??? I'll settle for the 2 lbs of Reeses...
I love you and loved getting a glimpse of your babies with the twins. What beautiful children. Are you sure it was a peaceful vacation, though? Perhaps you've just forgotten was peaceful means.... That's okay, you'll remember all too soon when you're an old, boring, empty nester... so ENJOY!
French Kiss....I quote that all the time too! hahaha
So I will be home march19-21, that's during the week! See you then I HOPE!
What a fun vacation! That is so great that you got to be with friends and let the kids play! I think I saw your friends at Red Robin this last friday!! Too funny!
I want more pictures of your adorable children!!!! :) And....I am now really in the mood for Reeses....hmmmmm...
We loved loved loved being able to go on that wonderful vacation with you! We are so thankful for your friendship, and your great example to us.
You guys are seriously the cutest family ever!
Wow, the Waggoner's ... I'm glad that I checked out the Gregerson's blog today and then found the link to your site.
It's the Palmer's, BTW. Aaron and Rachel. Come on, ya gotta remember me, Corey .... anyhow, glad to see you guys are doing well, and that your family has grown nicely. Check our our blog, and feel free to keep in touch. Love yaz.
Aaron
Post a Comment