
Last weekend my amazing husband surprised our family by taking us to Leavenworth for the Christmas Tree lighting celebration, and to stay the night. Unfortunately, we didn't take little Gibson because it was too cold for him, even with a snow suit!
Leavenworth is a place that is breathtaking, especially at Christmas time. It is impossible to not get into the spirit of the season when you have snow falling all around, Santa hugging the children, kids sledding on the hill, the smell of chestnuts roasting, Christmas music playing through the town, and of course all the phenomenal decorations (doesn't that description just fit every Christmas cliche'!)
It was an awesome experience, except for the fact that my independent little pistol of a daughter REFUSED to put on gloves and a hat, even when she was freezing! Besides that, it was great. Corey sure knows how to win his two favorite girls over!
Leavenworth is a place that is breathtaking, especially at Christmas time. It is impossible to not get into the spirit of the season when you have snow falling all around, Santa hugging the children, kids sledding on the hill, the smell of chestnuts roasting, Christmas music playing through the town, and of course all the phenomenal decorations (doesn't that description just fit every Christmas cliche'!)
It was an awesome experience, except for the fact that my independent little pistol of a daughter REFUSED to put on gloves and a hat, even when she was freezing! Besides that, it was great. Corey sure knows how to win his two favorite girls over!



7 comments:
that's one place that I wish I had got to when I lived there...oh well!! Too late now!!
What a beautiful place at this time of year and to have so much snow. It looks magical. I am glad you were able to go and have so much fun :-) Great pictures by the way, my camera never takes such good night shots!!
Oh my goodness girl, you look cold! :) I am so glad that you had a great time though! We miss you guys terribly!
Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the snow and this time of year!:)
These pictures are quite breath-taking. It is beautiful there. Looks like you had fun despite the cold.
What beautiful pictures and the scenery how amazing. I still haven't been there but sometime... Hope you are enjoying the hiliday so far...
Oh my gosh, that looks fun! What a fun little trip! And you and your furry coat.
Post a Comment