Thursday, October 8, 2009

Reminiscing of the past, yet looking towards the future...


In August our little family headed down to the Oregon Coast to spend the week on the beach. Corey and I decided to stop at the Portland Temple on the way and show our children where we were married almost 8 years ago.

It was a wonderful experience to introduce the children to "our" Temple. We arrived in the evening, when it was still light, but not too hot. Madison and Gibson were in absolute awe of the Majesty of the the sacred Structure. Madison kept commenting to me that she felt so good by the temple, and that she felt happy and warm inside. I explained to her that those were feelings of the spirit testifying to her that it truly was the House of the Lord. I thought that this explanation might be above her understanding, but instead she had a look peace and understanding in her eyes.

Gibson ran around the temple the entire time saying "big temple, so nice!" It was very sweet to see Gibson exhilarated and happy on the temple grounds. Since then he continually talks about seeing the Temple.

There were several times that I observed my family and the splendor that surrounded us. I felt so humbled by these blessing in mortality that come directly from the temple. I also saw a greater picture, and that was an eternity with those I love most. It was a though Heavenly Father was foreshadowing what might be mine, if I but follow what I know to be true. I felt this perspective put so many things into there true light, and trivial things which truly don't matter, finally didn't feel so important. Yet, it witnessed to me of what is of great value, and that is family, and living each day with integrity.

I am so thankful for the blessings of the temple, within this life and the next.

Mr. Corey and Mr. Gibbs (aka Twinners)
Do we look a little love drunk or what?

Even at the House of the Lord Maddie's diva(ness) cannot be harnessed!

Taking time to smell all those beautiful fragrant flowers!


I told Gib I wanted to take a picture of him, and this was the result. He isn't as laid back as is counterpart with the camera!




This family picture was taken in the exact spot where Corey and I had our wedding pictures taken.
Catching my little gal for a close up.

When we got to the hotel after our temple excursion, Madison and Gibson weren't as reverent as they were on the temple grounds. I guess that dose of spirituality made them a little loco!

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Amen Sista!

teage-and-erin said...

I love that you got to bring the kids back, what a great opportunity. We love your little family!

Janell said...

I am amazed that in one post, you can have me crying from laughing so hard...and then the next post you can have me crying because you are so eloquent with portraying your feelings. Either way, I never begin reading your new posts without a box of kleenex close by. What a beautiful post and very special event! You truly have the most beautiful family. I'm just so grateful to have you and your family in my life. Love your guts!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

beautiful pictures... and that last one? Maddie is truly psycho woman! I haven't seen that expression since 1986: Tucson, AZ! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Sarady said...

You guys are such a cute little family. Maddie is so cool the way she understands the gospel so much already, too. I'm glad you guys got to take that trip.