Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tree hugger at heart...

We started and ended our summer with camping trips. Camping has always been one of my favorite things, not so much Corey's, but it is slowly growing on him. I think it is a wonderful way to spend some good clean (wait can camping be clean) fun as a family. Also, I just love being out in nature (whenever I say the word "nature" Corey taunts and calls me a tree hugger.)
Our first camp out this year was just my parents and our little family. It was simple, but wonderful. We did a ton of fishing, and a ton more of eating. Here are some of the highlights...


All loaded on grandpa's boat, and ready to go catch a "big one!"



Grandpa (or as Maddie calls him "crampa") doing some serious fishing.



Maddie showing off her prize, and no she wouldn't taste a bite of this succulent trout (she truly is her father's daughter!)


There was a log at camp that became the kiddos favorite place to play. See if you can spot little G-man. He is totally incognito.



Maddie isn't as inconspicuous as her brother, I don't know if its the pose or the Hannah Montana shirt that gives her away.




Our final camp out of the season was a riot, as we had our dear friends, the Christensen's join us, as did my brother Doug and his wife Kristen (aka smores maker extraordinaire) and my parents (aka babysitters extraordinaire).

There was a plethora of smores, laughs, canoeing, eating high calorie delights, and did I mention SMORES! They only thing lacking on this trip was sleep, as the 2 year old twins and our little Gibson weren't as stoked as sleeping in a cabin as some. Besides that, it was the perfect camp out!

The 2 year old cutie pies ready to brave the canoes.
Madison and Corey on the canoe. Maddie thought she was amazing at rowing, little did she know that the oar wasn't even touching the water! Of course her sweet daddy let her believe that she really was a champion rower!


Two peas in one pod, as the canoe does kind of resemble a pod!


Our family outside the cabin. Don't you love the Christmas lights in the Summer??


Maddie is extremely high on Smores in this picture. Does it show?
Gibson guarded is Smore as though it was a gold ring ("my precious!")
How breathtaking was our view?
I love how Teage and Corey are trying to look tough and manly, all the while they are wearing life vest 5 sizes too small, and Teage's is a faded rose color! You are not fooling anyone boys!!
I don't know what is more attractive, the circles under my tired eyes that look like I have 2 shiners, or the grease in my hair. Man I am one sexy beast, well I have the latter part correct. It wouldn't be so bad if Erin and Maddie didn't look so darn cute. Thanks for raising the bar ladies! Kiss my grits!


If loving nature makes me a tree hugger, then I will wear the title proudly!


6 comments:

Sarady said...

Your family is the coolest group of tree huggers I know! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time (both times) at Camp Z, even if they do put up Christmas lights in the summer.

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Looks wonderful! Let's do this as a group next year? Translated: will you invite ME next time???

Anonymous said...

Wow your brave enough to still get in a canoe. I haven't been in one since our little adventure.

teage-and-erin said...

Loving the new post, especially since I look so darn cute in it! :) JK....you always out-shine me in every picture anyway!! We loved having a fun camping experience with you guys; definitely need to make that one a tradition. Love you twinner!

Karine said...

Auntie Lynn,
Actually we did invite you on this camp out, and you declined on account of your "gimp" husband. So no, you can not play martyr here! :)

Amanda,
This was actually the first time I have been back in canoe since our adventure that almost took us out to sea. Oh, sweet memories!

Janell said...

That is one adventure we have yet to try with the Waggoners....camping! Can't wait to give it a go! Looks like you guys have it down to a science. One request...can your make sure your smores extraordinare family members join us? I am all over that! Miss you guys!