Sunday, September 7, 2008

Signs that you might be a smidge obsessed with the Twilight Series...

Sign #1:
You go to Borders midnight release parties of the book. Even if that means subjecting yourself to crazed droves of freaky teenie bopper fans (like I have any place to judge, I am just an old fossil that is a crazed fan and in love with a fictitious character! Man, that really makes me sound pathetic. Oh well what can you do!)



sign #2:

You take pictures of the books (that are still in boxes) which are being carted to the front of the store to be sold. The Border's employees looked at me like I was high on Crack. All I have to say to them is "don't be a hater, I know that you are a closet-Twilight fan!"


Sign #3:
You take pictures of yourselves with your brand new copy of your book in the Parking Lot of Borders, and don't even care that the freaky teenie boppers are whispering to each other "how immature are they!"


Sign #4:
As if it isn't enough to take pictures in the parking lot with the book. You decide to take it one step further and take "Edward, come hither" looks on film, despite the public degradation that you have already endured!

Sign #5:
You drive two hours one way to go to the Breaking Dawn book signing. (If you think that sounds over the top, I won't even mention that I have all 5 Stephenie Meyer books signed!)




Sign #6:
You can't seem to obtain the self control to stop taking pictures of the author Stephenie Meyer as though she is a Rock Star performing. This is even after you have been warned several times that flash photography is prohibited. Somehow I couldn't find the strength within to restrain myself.



Sign #7:
In a concert hall of 2400 fans you join a T-shirt contest to see who has the best made shirt. Not to mention you have to go in front of everyone and announce in a microphone what your shirt says. I was the spokesperson, while my friend Sarah was the model for our shirt. When I announced what our shirt stated the crowd went wild. I felt like a total rock star!! That was my moment of glory (boy was it short lived!) Now I know how Hannah Montana feels everytime she goes on stage! (Can you tell I have a 4 year old daughter or what??)




If you can answer "yes" to any of these various signs, then you might be a Twilight Fan. If you answer more than 3 "yes" than you are a fanatic. If you answer 6 or more positive, than you need to be evaluated by a medical professional!

9 comments:

teage-and-erin said...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.....yikes, how many is that??? :)

Mugs said...

Great pictures! Wish I could've gone. Karine, I was sincerely so pumped that you put a link to us on your page. Well, that makes going public all worth it.

Now I have to do the same!

Sarady said...

I love it! You forgot to add #7: if you belong to any online message boards and spend time discussing useless points about hot vampires that don't exist. I mean, not that "I" know anyone who does that, but there may be someone out there!?

the Cardon Clan said...

I'll girl fight you for Edward. Need I say more? he he.

Hayley's Comment said...

That signing was sooo fun. Thanks for the invite. Sorry I didn't get to see you more! PS-I put my blog on private so i have to invite you but I don't have your email address (well I can't find it anyway). Call me or I'll call you soon!

Janell said...

I just realized I never commented on this post. Very clever, as usual. Personally, I am obsessed with the idea of actually finding the time to finish the series. Thank you for still being my friend despite the fact that I'm not obsessed. I was at one point but then got distracted by visiting my best friend in Selah, WA. Okay, time for a new post please!!

Bailey Bunch said...

It was great seeing you a couple weeks ago. I love the Twilight series too. You are a true blue fan for sure! Great pictures from all the events. It sounds like a lot of fun!:)

teeny said...

karine, it's teeny! i haven't read the books. not into them. sorry! but i wanted to thank you and cory for taking care of ned. i noticed right away that his room had been painted when we dropped him off at school. i'm thinking you did it cory. wonderful! and cory, thank you for taking him to church. your brother too,karine! life is good! thanks again, t

Carrie Snider said...

Oh my gosh! Don't hate me but... I haven't read any of the books yet. :)