Thursday, July 3, 2008

My baby boy is no longer a baby!



I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that my sweet little Gibson is one years old! This year has absolutely flown. I am so grateful to have Gibson for a son. He brings a sense of peace and balance into our chaotic home. Through his gentle manner I am reminded daily to take in the beautiful and simple things in life. Gibson truly is a light in our families lives, and we feel ever so blessed to have his sweet spirit blessing our family.

We celebrated his birthday by doing a Disney's "Car's" theme. We thought since he is obsessed with anything with wheels, that this would be perfect.

Corey always decorates for our parties, and he does a superb job!

G-man opening his plethora of presents.
His Joy was short lived, as the girls decided to take over the present opening task.
Seriously Maddie, whose birthday is this again??
If we added up the retail amount on all of his presents, sadly I think we could have fed a small country with the proceeds. FYI we did not return any gifts, therefore, he has more toys than FAO Schwartz, and children are still starving all over the world. what is wrong with this picture?


Ever so gently tasting a sweet morsel of cake icing.
So much for manners....dig in!! Maddie had to help out.
Then, it became a little frightening.

Although, he was in sugar heaven.
Contemplating how high is blood sugar levels could be.
Yes, my 1 year old truly ate this much of his cake.

The ice cream cake for everyone else who didn't want to eat the leftovers from Gibson.
Several family and friends brought Madison presents as well. Now she really thinks everything is about her...

Showing off her loot.
It was a wonderful and simple party. We chose to have it with only our family and closest friends. Too often Corey and I go overboard with parties we throw, and we don't even end up enjoying them because that are so chaotic! This was the perfect "Gisbon" day...

8 comments:

teage-and-erin said...

I so wish that we could have been there to celebrate with the adorable mello man! We miss you guys tons!! I hope that everything is going well, we love you!
PS- I know that you just love this song bc of Twilight...come on, admit it! :)

Derek and Emily said...

What? Maddie took over? I don't believe it! It looks like it was a great party. I can't believe he is a year old already... don't you wish they would stay little babies sometimes?!?

Carly said...

What a cute boy you have! Looks like a fun party and similar to the parties we have here, I wouldn't want it any other way! Hope you guys are having a great summer!!

Anonymous said...

I fell hard for Gibson over our family weekend. He's darling. Thanks for sharing.

Aunt Anne

The Beagleys said...

Your kids are absolutely precious!!! Gibson is such darling! I love that Maddie got gifts too at his party! My grandma had to do that with my cousins and I when we were kids....we're such brats! ;) Karine, you'll have to tell Corey that we painted the downstairs this week and appreciated his career choice even more than we did before! Mark said at one point, "how does Corey do this all the time?" Anyway, hope all is well and we send our love your way!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Gibson! I'm glad you had a great time. Some kiddos change and look less like one parent and more like a combo of two parents, not Gibson. He is sooooo Corey!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

now I understand why we weren't invited. Only close family and friends. Certainly no room for Aunt Lynn and Uncle Steve. thank you for the clarification.

Janell said...

Man, can you tell I haven't blogged in forever? You've blogged twice since I have even looked at my blog. I'm so glad Gibson had such a great party. I loved the theme! He is so stinkin adorable it's rediculous! I love the cake pictures! My kinda man! Brooklyn is already in love!
Happy Birthday Gibbers!