This year's CF walk in Yakima was a great success. It is amazing that Jolene started the CF walk in Yakima in 2001. That year Jolene helped to raise more than 2,000 dollars for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and raised awareness of the disease. Since she implemented the walk-a-thon in our city 7 years ago, it has grown a great deal within the community. It is humbling to see how through small and simple things, that great things can be accomplished.
Team Jolene raised over $3,000 dollars in our Yakima walk. And the walk itself raised close to $40,000 dollars!! I can just feel how proud Jo must be that her work continues despite she is gone. Also, there are three team Jolene's all over the Country; Yakima, Oklahoma, and Seattle. If you add up all Team Jolene's walk totals for this year it is around $6000.00!! Just think all that money goes straight to the research for finding a cure.
Jolene, your memory and work lives on through others. The lives you touched, which were innumerable, continue to be blessed and strengthened. Through your example of strength and faith, we are all the better having known you! You inspire me to do better and be better daily. Love you sissy.
Team Jolene raised over $3,000 dollars in our Yakima walk. And the walk itself raised close to $40,000 dollars!! I can just feel how proud Jo must be that her work continues despite she is gone. Also, there are three team Jolene's all over the Country; Yakima, Oklahoma, and Seattle. If you add up all Team Jolene's walk totals for this year it is around $6000.00!! Just think all that money goes straight to the research for finding a cure.
Jolene, your memory and work lives on through others. The lives you touched, which were innumerable, continue to be blessed and strengthened. Through your example of strength and faith, we are all the better having known you! You inspire me to do better and be better daily. Love you sissy.
11 comments:
That is AMAZING how much money was raised!! Very inspiring! And love, love, love the father/son picture...too funny!!!
GO TEAM JOLENE! I love that though Cystic Fibrosis certainly never defined Jolene, that she battled it with humor, dignity and on her own terms. I also love knowing that the battle continues and that it WILL be won!
Karine, you're the best. Thank you for continuing Jo's legacy and bringing so much joy to our family.
The last picture of Gibson is so funny! I am glad you guys have raised so much money for a good cause and in memory of Jolene. She is missed!
Wow, I can't believe how much money Team Jolene raised. She truly is an inspiration!! That picture of Gibson drinking the water needs to be framed. And just so you don't hurt Corey's feelings, frame the one of him and Gibson grimacing.
GO TEAM JOLENE!!!! I love it! I am so excited to continue the momentum. I know that Jolene is so proud of her big sister! I sure am! :) Love you twinner!
Awesome job Team Jolene! I am sure she was there cheering you all on! What a wonderful way to honor Jolene's passion for life and people.
I love being a part of this family!
Aunt Anne
Aaahhh sweet sweet memories of last year! Congrats on the moola raised, we're working on something big here if Erin hasn't filled you in. I know that Jolene is proud of you, and you should know that everyone who knows you knows how passionate you are about finding a cure for CF and we can feel how much you love Jolene and how much of her spirit you posses.
Lubba, lubba girl!
Wow! What an awesome feat! You never cease to amaze me. Jolene is very lucky to have a sister like you! I'm so glad it went well and that you guys were able to raise so much money for such a great cause. Jeff and I cracked up at the picture of Gibson sucking on the water bottle. He is such a cutie! I hope he had an awesome 1st birthday today!
Karine,
You are such a sweet, good sister to carry on Jolene's work. I think of her sometimes and always resolve to be a better person when I do. She continues to be one of the most inspirational examples in my life - and I only knew her for such a short time. I just wanted to tell you that. You have an awesome family. And I love those Disney churros, too!
Ryan and I are so missing you guys. We want to play!!!
Post a Comment