Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One year older and wiser too. Well I will agree with the first part!

I turned 29 on February 6th, that means 30 is just around the corner. People keep trying to put dread into my soul by telling me things like: "it all goes down hill from here." "Gravity will set in at any time." "You will have to get a hip replacement soon." "You need to buy yourself a motorized cart to get around the supermarket."
Even with all these threats of my impending doom, I can honestly say that I LOVE getting older. I have no fear of aging and the process that comes along with it. I feel there is so much joy in my life, and I can't wait for what the future holds for me. I am certain there will be difficult times, but I know with the bad comes the good, and that is something to smile about.

Well enough philosophizing about growing older, here are some picture of my birthday!


Peek-a-boo Maddie, I see you! I love this camera shy phase she is in!


Here is one where I am physically wrestling her to be in the picture with me!


Here is my mellow little man looking dang cute.


My family at dinner. Don't you love Madison's natural smile in this pic?!

I had a wonderful birthday. Especially because Corey makes sure of it every year. Since we have been married he decorates the house for me every birthday. I am not talking a balloon here or there, I am talking full on themes, streamers, etc. I am a lucky girl! Thanks Corey for another great birthday party!

10 comments:

Carly said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was great! Your kids are getting so big. Little Gibson is so stylish...I LOVE IT! Oh and you look amazing! I'm not as thrilled of getting older like you are...maybe on my 29th birthday (in August)I will! Take care!

Tara Bates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cori said...

Looks like you had a great day! Happy late Birthday!! Your little kiddos are so adorable. I can't believe we are (almost for me:) 29. I still feel like we should be the crazy 14 year olds running around in green rugs and having Miss America pageants!:) Really, who is ever too old for that! (i will have to give you a copy of that video some day:)

Bailey Bunch said...

It looks like you had a great birthday!:) Happy 29th!:)

The Beagleys said...

Karine, you are one gorgeous "almost 30-year old"! I think it's so sad that people say things like "it all goes down hill from here!"...way to be optimistic! People kill me! Anyway, I'm with you, I love getting older and experiencing all the wonderful things that come as you grow! Well, looks like you had a great birthday, with your cute family! Love you!

Hayley's Comment said...

Happy Birthday. I just found your blog from Carly's blog! I thought to myself on Tuesday that it was someone's birthday AND IT WAS YOURS! To be honest I can't wait to be out of my 20's though 30 is daunting. 29 hasn't been terrible, but only a few more months of that for me. Maybe 33 is that perfect age? I always thought 28 was...we'll see! I miss you. I'll be over there for a little bit of my spring break, WE MUST (cuz it is all capitalized it means it will happen) GET TOGETHER!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great day, Karine. I can't believe we are all getting older. I wish I felt the same way as you do, about getting older. I turn 30 next week !!!!! I think I am a little bummed about being in my 30's..... Hoepfully that will change soon :-)

Sarady said...

Happy Birthday! You still have one extra day of February to celebrate! (Thanks Leap Year.) Boy, I wish I could say the same thing about aging. Maybe you're not worried cuz you look so good! I turn 30 this year and I hope I have the same optimistic views. And maybe Corey needs to put a bug in Brady's ear about how to do a real birthday party. Yeah!

The Beagleys said...

Holy smokes, we do have a lot in common! That's crazyness! ;) I agree that anyone that doesn't like Love Actually is schmuck! It is one of my favorites! So, aren't the Carmen Electra workouts so fun?

The Brown's said...

Happy Birthday Karine! I too hear you on getting older. I just turned 30 in January, and wish that I felt wiser as well! Maybe I'll feel wiser when I'm 40...but I'll probably just be even more tired! You and your kids look great. Gibson is looking more and more like his Daddy! So cute! Thanks for sharing your day with us.

dayna