On February 6Th 1979 in Missoula Montana I, Karine, made my mortal debut into this world. Since then life as we know it hasn't been the same. I have enhanced everything and everyone who as known me. Everyone counts themselves blessed who is graced by my humble and sweet demeanor. God bless me.
A couple weeks ago I turned the big 3-0! All jokes aside, I truly am excited to enter this new phase of my life. Aging is inevitable, I feel I should enjoy the process oppose to fighting it. I am so excited to be in the thirties club, hence I will have to eliminate all contact with friends in their twenties, being that I am now so mature. I hope that we can enter into friendship again as soon as you reach the same esteemed level that I sit upon now.
A couple weeks ago I turned the big 3-0! All jokes aside, I truly am excited to enter this new phase of my life. Aging is inevitable, I feel I should enjoy the process oppose to fighting it. I am so excited to be in the thirties club, hence I will have to eliminate all contact with friends in their twenties, being that I am now so mature. I hope that we can enter into friendship again as soon as you reach the same esteemed level that I sit upon now.
I knew that for my 30Th birthday I would have to go all out, which in essence meant my mother had to be completely put out, God love her. Corey and I decided to go somewhere sunny and warm to kick off this celebration. We also knew we had to do it with some fun friends who have our same quirky sense of humor. We decided to go to Orlando FL, and to go with some of our best friends Jeff and Janell Gregerson. Something extra special about celebrating with these awesome friends is that Jeff actually shares the same birthday as me, same year and all! Mind you I am his elder and more mature counter part, since I was born 2 hours before him. It is very apparent when you meet us that I am oozing of 2 hrs previous life experience opposed to him. Jeff don't fight it, even though you are about to be in an ivy league pediatric internship, just remember who preceded you to this very Earth at which we reside. Just had to get that out.
We met up with the Gregerson's in Orlando the night before our birthday. It was ever apparent that we were "out of towners" as we had our rental car jammed with all our stuff, and even with our GPS we were taking all the wrong exits, and we "accidentally" blew through 2 toll booths. I am just waiting for my fines to arrive in the mail. Even with all of these issues, we were all laughing so hard the entire time. I know that if it was only Corey and I on this crazy car fiasco, there for sure wouldn't be laughter, only the sound of me beating Corey to a bloody pulp and reminding him that his sense of direction is terrible. I am sure Corey is ever so grateful for their presence in the car that night, since it did save his life.
We stayed at an amazing resort that had the nicest accommodations. Janell's' sister Shanda totally hooked us up with their rad time share. Thank you so much Shanda and Ryan, you guys totally rock!
We had our own kitchen, dining room, and living room. It had 2 rooms and we each had our own bathroom, thankfully. Corey and my room had a huge garden tub, and french doors leading to the patio. It was serious like staying at the Ritz, not that I know what that is like, but I can only imagine.
I have to add this, and Corey is going to kill me. Remember those French doors in our room I just told you about. Well in the morning Corey asked me if it was warm enough for shorts, I told him to just walk out on the patio and see what it felt like. He was hesitant being that he was only in his scivvies, yet he gave in. Little to my knowledge or Corey's, at that same moment Jeff and Janell were sitting in the living room. The living room had a door leading to the shared patio as well. They were innocently sitting there when all of a sudden they see a tentative Corey creeping outside in only his under clothes. Corey has no idea that Jeff and Janell had an up close and personal view of him checking out the temperature. He walked out to the edge of the patio and stood there for awhile before returning to the confides of our bedroom.
When we joined Jeff and Janell a few minutes later in the living room we were greeted with hysterical laughter, and the tale of what they had both been subjected to. Corey was mortified, and we were elated for his folly, and the material it gave us for the rest of our trip! Thank you Corey for your sojourn in your underwear, it was a great start for the vacation!
We spent our 30Th birthday in the Magic Kingdom. It was a blast to do all the "big" kid things at the park. We rode on all the coasters and laughed at all the schmoes that had to take care of their whiny children that day. We were totally free to do our own thing. Jeff and I wore buttons on our shirt that said "it is my birthday today!" We probably had a thousand people tell us "happy birthday" throughout the day. It was incredible!
The next day we hung out at the resort and swam and layed out by the pool for the whole day, talk about heaven. In the evening we went out to eat and then went to walk around the Orlando Temple. It was absolutely breathtaking. When we got back to our place we played games and ate cake and candy. Did I mention how flipping awesome it was to not have kids around to worry about!
Our final day we went to Blizzard Beach which is the best water park in the US! It had everything you could imagine. I am a huge dare devil and thrill seeker, and they even had slides that made me reconsider the meaning of life. Jeff was like a kid in a candy store at the water park. It is his favorite place ever, so he was running around from slide to slide from the time Blizzard Beach opened till the time they kicked him out at closing. Seriously it was a riot to watch this 30 year old man sprinting tirelessly. I don't know how many small children and elderly people fell victim to his elbows boxing them out that day.
The next morning we all left for home and reality. It was wonderful to be able to miss our children, but I think I could have missed them for another week or so. We came back home to snow, cold, and sick kids (talk about a reality check!) But it was perfect to be able to spend my 30Th worrying about avoiding a sunburn opposed to frost bite. I couldn't have asked for anything better to usher in my thirties.
Thanks again mom, none of this would have been possible without you, and I am sorry that you will now have a nervous tick, caused by my kids, till the day you die.
FYI, I am posting an obscene amount of pictures, but since it was my birthday and all about me, I felt it was not only apporpriate but necessary!
Outside our Resort and ready to play!
Janell swept me off my feet, literally. Dang that girl is strong!
Entering the happiest place on earth!
Corey was very serious about saving the World from aliens, on the other hand, I don't look to concerned!

I am not ostenstacious or anything!

I am not ostenstacious or anything!
By the castle by day.
By the castle by night.
Riding the Ski lift to the slide Summit Plummit.

Relaxing on the Lazy River, it was a mile long!

Leaving Blizzard Beach.
Summit Plummit is the world's largest and fastest free-fall body slide. This is me in all my glory braving it. The only reason I am letting you view the footage of me in a swimsuit, is because you can see that the reader board shows that I go 54 mph! It was incredible!

6 comments:
OK, so I have been stalking your blog ever since you got back!! Yeah for new posts!! It looks like you had such a fabulous time, you deserve it girl. Especailly for hitting your big 3-0....man, you are getting old. :) I guess we can't be friends anymore....too bad for me. I will miss you twinner. :) Love ya tons!!!
Looks like you had a spectacular birthday!! You have not changed a bit..I love it!!
Guess we need to cut off contact for about three months!:)
Wow, what a great birthday! You totally deserved a vacation like that, and I'm glad to see you lived it to the fullest. Happy 30th, and welcome to the club--we can now be friends again. P.S. You look gorgeous, darling! Also, I wish you had gotten a picture of Corey in his unders; that would have been priceless!
Seriously Karine, Jeff and I were both laughing so hard while reading your post that we have tears running down our cheeks! Especially when you were bringing back the visuals of Corey in his underwear!! We had a blast with you guys! There was DEFINITELY not a lack of laughing. It was the perfect trip. Can't wait till the next one! Oh yes, and Happy Birthday! I know that my life will never be the same since you so gracefully entered my life!
Yay for new posts! It looks like you had so much fun! I hope everything is going great. I am impressed you had time to write a post since you are so busy being 30. I really hope we can still be friends or it is going to be a long five years.
Love ya
Rebecca ann
Post a Comment