Sunday, August 17, 2008

Queen for a day (what am I talking about, this is Maddie, she rules the roost every day!)

Madison's 4Th birthday was a lot of fun. We started HER day out by decorating the house (by "we" I mean Corey.) Corey made her some flowers out of balloons (at least we know if our business tanks, that he will have a job in the circus.) It was sweet how she carried her little flower around all day, until it popped and all hades broke loose.

Corey and I got her a trampoline for her birthday. I have an ulterior motive for this gift. I pray to Sheba that this sucker wears her out!

She took to it right away.
Yeah, she did a flip within the first minute. She is a dare devil like her mommy.
This was a result from the flip. A slight concussion. Sadly, I think she is accident prone like me as well!

Thankfully, she took it like a champ (well more like a princess with the curtsy!)
This is a full view of the monstrosity in our backyard. I told Corey the only way we could buy one of these death traps ,was if it was fully enclosed and safe. So we thought, but a week after putting it up Madison fell off it and really hurt her head. Yay, for full proof!
Of course we had to do a swim party for her birthday since swimming is her favorite activity. We had some friends and family for a swim and BBQ.
From first glance this picture looks sweet with little Mya waving to the camera. What you probably didn't zoom in on right away is Gibson falling into the pool to the left of the picture. Luckily, Bryce was right there and grabbed the little guy!
Gibson wasn't distressed by his near death experience. He decided to stay and play in the water with Uncle Bryce. Gibson is such a stud! PS thanks for saving his life Bryce.
Madison showing with her fingers that she is 4 years old now. I am just happy she didn't flip off the camera. Just playing, I know my mom is going to cringe at that comment!
We ate under the gazebo. Isn't it a fun set up. I swear I am going to stop doing luau parties, I have thrown 3 of them in the last year! If I see one more grass skirt or lei I am going to hurt someone!
Let the loot be unveiled! Uncle Adam scored with buying her makeup. Somehow it magically disappeared after it got all over the carpet and couch. I wonder what happened to that?? It is a complete enigma.
Madison loves her bling. Janell made her a bracelet that spelled out her name with beads, and Sarah made her a necklace out of antique beads. My friends freakin rock, and are so creative. I surround myself with talented people, since I am a talentless shmo! :)
Madison is beautiful in this shade of pink. You would think I would get tired of seeing her in pink, but really she looks breathtaking!
The cake in all its glory. With all the candles and sparklers I was surprised it didn't shoot to the moon! I don't know if Madison is excited or scared to death. Probably a little of both.

We ended the party with a night swim. The perfect close to an eventful day.

After planning and putting on Gibson's 1st birthday party, my mom's 50Th birthday celebration, and Madison's bash all within a months time, I deserve the best 30Th party ever. I am thinking Belize. Well, either that or Chucky Cheese, its a toss up.

5 comments:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

once again: we didn't make the short list for this party invite. Wow, one year you forget the two presents and Christmas tree and you are never invited back. brutal.

Looks like a wonderful day and that our princess/dictator was in her element.

Maddie rocks!

Janell said...

Girl, you deserve a month long trip to Bora Bora on one of those private cabana's out on the white sand for the 3 parties you put on!

Oh, my little princess, Maddie. She truly epitomizes princess. Just when I thought she couldn't get any more beautiful. She looks great in all her bling! (especially that lovely bracelet...who made that??)

Happy Happy Birthday Maddie dear. I'm SO bummed we missed out on the festivities!

Love you,

Aunt Nellie

Stephanie said...

It looks like you outdid yourself again. You amaze me! It looks like you all had so much fun. I wish we lived closer. :(

Sarady said...

Maddie's party was the bomb. I'm really sorry that I didn't save either of your children when they randomly fell in the pool. Yeah, I'm a great friend.

Oh, and for your 30th, I've got the Chucke Cheese venue covered, but Corey will have to be in charge of Belize.

Derek and Emily said...

Good job Karine! What a good mom you are, it looks like the day was a fun success!